Sunday, April 17, 2011

Paper Players Challenge #43-Jaydee's CAS Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone! It's Super Sunday...why is it "super"? Because it is time for another fabby, weekly challenge over at The Paper Players. This week, the lovely Jaydee is our "hostess with the most-est" and our challenge is a CAS (clean and simple) sketch. 
For my card, I kept it simple, focusing on the *brand new* Paisley Petals DSP (it will be coming out in the new SU! catalog in July) along with the Beveled Windowpanes from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I haven't played with these little gems yet, although they have been sitting in my stamp room for over 2 months. Yikes! CLICK HERE for a great tutorial on how to use them. They are SO cool! 

PS: If you absolutely can NOT wait to get this pretty DSP, you can get it right now! Click the promo on the right-hand side-bar for details.
I also overcame my fear of using River Rock for this card. It was tough, but I think I made friends with this color, for the first time EVER! :)  I actually made 3 cards with this sketch before deciding on this one! Stop by again, soon to see the others that did NOT make the cut! 

Of course, my card wouldn't be complete without a decorated "interior":
I sure hope you will join us this week at The Paper Players, with YOUR take on the sketch. Thanks so much for popping by! Please leave me a comment to say hello before you go. Have a HAPPY day today! :)

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Thanks for Caring (Occasions Mini Catalog)
Paper: Paisley Petals (Sneak Peak from the NEW SU! Catty premiering in July!) 
Ink: Not Quite Navy Classic ink
Accessories: Beveled Windowpanes (Occasions Mini Catty), Baja Breeze Seam binding, Scallop Trim Border punch, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Hemp Twine, Basic Pearls, sponges and Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Anne Marie

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and i really like the inside. I always forget to decorate the inside too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and sentiment. I didn't buy this paper as I thought the patterns too bold..I may have to rethink my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous inside and out!...i love this dp...and the distressing you did on the embossing...the ribbon treatment is so creative...gonna steal...er i mean borrow that for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I have to tell you...River Rock is one of my FAV colours! LOL! You used it so well and I love the big piece of DSP on the front of the card! Those windows are darling, very cool. Love the finished inside too!
    Hugs!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this colour combo and every one of the tiny details in the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and gorgeous inside and out! Love your beveled windowpane! I have all the SU colors, except River Rock. It just never jumped out to me, yet it looks gorgeous on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann Marie what a beautiful card. Love the beveled window, waiting to get mine soon... and really love the scallop inside too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the DSP and the CAS affect of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card AM! You totally "rocked the river" on this one (sorry, couldn't resist!) I agree with Lesley...I {heart} River Rock! Love your feature of DSP and the embossed strip is fab. Of course, love the finished inside too! Great job!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! The florals on these papers are gorgeous---just let that paper do all the work! Fun use of the frame, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sympathy card, Anne Marie! I love how you used the beveled windowpanes. I have yet to use mine, but you have inspired me to "dust" them off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thank you for the sneaky peek! I was wondering what DSP this was :) Gorgeous color together and as always, your classic and elegant signature style! Sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful! I love this paper and will have to watch for it when it comes out. You show cased it beautifully. I love the little, textured frame around the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cardm the colors are gorgeous, and the ribbon sets it off just nicely. I need to learn to use more ribbons on my cards, my collection of ribbons keeps growing and never gets used :( TFS this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Anne Marie. That DSP is so pretty. Love the way you wrapped the ribbon round the acrylic frame. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, inside and out, Anne Marie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AM - love the texture behind the windowpane! Gorgeous colors and I love that you highlighted the upcoming DSP.
    Fabulous
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  18. The DSP is so pretty. Beautiful card. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful sympathy card. I agree, that paper is quite pretty!!
    Love the sentiment on the inside too :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab. Card. Also like the DSP. Very pretty.. Like your distress imbossing. great overall!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card. The beveled windowpane is so cute and just adds a little something extra. I love using them. TFS
    www.carriesscrapyard.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty, love the sentiment with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a classy card. Love the colors, texture and design.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so beautiful. The colors are fantastic and I love how you threaded the ribbon behind the sentiment and then tied it up with that sweet bit of linen thread!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie