Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year in Review - Part One

Hi there stamping friends! Wowzers, it has been a while since I have posted, hasn't it? I didn't fall off the planet, things have been crazy busy around here with the holidays and all. As today marks the last day of 2012, I wanted to take a moment to share my favorite cards from the year with you. It is fun to look back on another year of crafty creations. With that, here are my favorites from January to June. 

This was a fun card to make! It was for an Our Creative Corner challenge called "Show Us Your Shape". We had to make anything OTHER then a standard fold card and I wanted to try something fun. I found the template for the dress on the web and went from there. 

This is one of my favorite color combo's EVER paired with one of my favorite stamp sets, Aviary. 

Ok, I'm totally cheating because I have two favorites for the month of February. I couldn't decide between the two so I thought I would just share them both. I guess I was really inspired by owls in February. Ha! Click HERE for the original post for this card.
This one was made for a color splash challenge over at  Our Creative Corner. I love that little glitzy owl  and the sentiment just worked so perfectly. 

I'm a huge fan of layers (no really?) on my cards. The more the merrier. I also love any card sketch that has repeated elements on it. I have no idea why, I am just drawn to them. 

Ahhh, the bunny card. This card made the list because it took over 3 hours to finish. Not kidding! I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it and just kept adding little details to it. The color combo on this one makes me really happy, too. . 

I was really proud of this card because it took me WAY out of my comfort zone. Shabby chic is a style that I wish I could do well, maybe one day. This card took a while to put together and had a lot of little details but I really love the end result.

It goes without saying why this card made the favorites list. Pink and bling...yup, yup! I also fondly remember this card because I was so excited that the bow looked good on the first attempt to tie it. Any crafter knows, that is a small victory sometimes. :) 

I will be back soon with the cards from July through December. Stay tuned! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
Follow Me on Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. Great cards my friend! I LOVE your work so, so much. You are super duper crazy talented. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! I think I really need to get my hands on those SU Owls!
    Happy New Year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work! My fave is a toss up between the baby card and the owl card. Love me my owls!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are incredible - such a beautiful body of work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne Marie you have a stunning creative style. All your creations has a feel of elegance too. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful 2013 and may it be all you want it to be. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love being on your blog, Anne Marie. This is a great selection of cards. Happy and Healthy 2013 to you !

    ReplyDelete
  7. January, March, and May are my favorites.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything that you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All so beautiful Anne Marie! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful collection to showcase your year, although I find it amazing that you can post the card for May and follow it with a comment about not doing Shabby Chic well! I think you mastered it on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun collection Anne Marie all so pretty! happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie