Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gently Falling for Paper Players #171

Hello there! This week at the Paper Players, the always awesome Ann Schach is our Hostess with a fab color challenge to try: Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip and Tangerine Tango. Perfect combo for the fall season, isn't it?

It just so happens that this color combo is found in the Sweater Weather DSP from the SU Holiday Catalog, so that was where I started. Then I inked up the Gently Falling stamp set that I recently received and created this fall birthday card. I wanted a distressed look so I sponged some ink on the edges and used the Color Spritzer Tool to add some extra shading. I wanted to rough up the edges of the DSP but had already stuck it down when I remembered to do it. Oops! So just imagine that detail is there. Haha! All of the layers are popped up for added dimension.
Please join us over at the Paper Players The challenge is open through Friday, November 15th, 2013 at Noon (PDT). Stop by and say hello to the rest of the Design Team to see what they are sharing this week.   
The Paper Players Design Team
CLICK HERE to order anytime 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website

Follow Me on Pinterest


8 comments:

  1. Anne Marie- This card is beautiful!! I have got to get this stamp set. The leaves are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card....that birthday sentiment is perfect for your card---big & bold. Really stands out against the beautiful background papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect fall birthday card, Anne Marie! I love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card for an autumn birthday, Anne Marie! Love how you finished off the lace bow with a button and some twine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnneMarie, I love how you added color to your sentiment panel- it is like it blends right in but still stands out boldly- kinda like being a gentle giant. And, isn't that bow just the cat's meow! Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, so pretty! I love the multi-color effect of your leaves and the spritzed and sponged background is just gorgeous. Another beautiful card, AM! I hope you are having a wonderful BIRTHDAY today!! Big ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, look who's having a birthday! I just saw the fun hop at Lesley's and had to come and wish you a happy, happy birthday, Anne Marie, and many, many more!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, AM!! The leaves are gorgeous - I wish the real ones hung around here a bit longer. :( They are all gone and it looks bare here. :( Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Lexi says hello to Emmitt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie