Saturday, November 23, 2013

Paper Players #173 - Shaped Cards and Shopping!

Hi there! I haven't fallen off the face of the planet, I promise. I'm back with my project for the fun challenge over at the Paper Players! This week, my fabulous friend Jaydee is hosting a "Shaped Card" challenge. How cool is that?! Speaking of cool...we have a crazy cold front here in South Texas right now. I know that 38 degrees might not seem that cold to some of you, but we are shivering down here! Ack! Please send sweaters and hot chocolate! :)
I have honestly had a crazy week. Like "try not to eat carbs because you are stressed" week. I didn't cave though. It was tough!! When I finally sat down to create a project for this challenge, I didn't know what to do. So, I went for a walk to pick up the mail and inside the mailbox was a pretty envelope containing the holiday catalog from Tiffany & Co. That was my inspiration for the challenge. 

So, in my homage to Tiffany & Co. I created a little "purse card" in Coastal Cabana with some sparkly, girly accents. I used the Eastern Elegance DSP for some pattern and dressed it up a bit. My handbag card was cut by hand (no pattern), which is something I think I have done only one other time. It might not be perfect but it was fun to create. I used an oval die cut to trim round the handle of the purse, then punched out the "middle" of the handle with the XL Oval punch. I am actually going make a few adjustments to the measurements to make this a gift card holder for an upcoming class...and possibly a tutorial.
Please join us over at the Paper Players The challenge is open through Friday, November 29th, 2013 at Noon (PDT). Stop by and say hello to the rest of the Design Team to see what they are sharing this week.   
The Paper Players Design Team
Before I sign off...I have to share some news. Remember our little three-legged foster kitty Tony "Triple" Paws? Well, he is officially part of our family. He has been with us as a foster since May and did not have ONE single inquiry for adoption through the rescue. Can you believe it? Well, 6 months later, he has blossomed from a scared, angry little guy into a friendly, curious kitty. Not to mention he is adorable! He fits in so well with our family, we honestly felt it wouldn't be fair to him to take him from a life he has come to finally trust after everything he has been through. Triple is adopted and officially part of our pack! :)

CLICK HERE to order anytime 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website

Follow Me on Pinterest


10 comments:

  1. I have to say that this is one of my favorite things you've ever done! Love your Tiffany-inspired purse! No wonder I love that color so much---now if I could just afford to go there! And so happy about your sweet little kitty....I think you all belong together for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a shaped card, Ann Marie! It's such a super sweet, girly girl creation. I love it! I hope you will share how you turn this into a gift card holder. Congrats on the newest addition to your family, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann Marie what a great Tiffany inspired card. So cute. Love the colors and so feminine. I know what you mean about falling off the earth. This year (especially the fall) has been crazy busy at work and home.
    Hugs and Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and blingy! I love it, Anne Marie! Congrats on the newest addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AM - this card is classic you. Soft, feminine and fabulous! The shape of the card, the ruffled ribbon, the little pearls.... gorgeous! Thank you for rocking my challenge.

    Now... on to Tony. I CANNOT believe that noone wanted to adopt this gorgeous little cat. He's found the perfect home with you, though. Bless you for everything you do for our four-legged babies.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute is the only way to describe your purse! I can see making that into a gift card holder too! What a lucky kitten to be adopted into your home. We are furloughing a Cocker Spaniel that was rescued from a backyard breeder, adopted, returned, they said because he bit someone in the family. What a funny little clown he is and he has not shown any bad habits with us, he loves to snuggle! He has found his fur-ever home with our pack of two Chocolate Labs and another puppy mill rescue, Abby, who is also a Cocker Spaniel! They add so much to our lives too!! Have a wonderful day. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card and kitty! I'm sure Triplet is very thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous purse, AM! I think Tiffany's should feature it in their next catalog. It is so perfectly done with every detail and I especially love the ruffled ribbon. As perfectly sweet as "Tony-Three-Legs". So happy you have a new addition! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie