Sunday, November 3, 2013

What Does the Fox Say for Paper Players #170

Hello and Happy Sunday to you! This week at the Paper Players the always fabulous Jaydee has a fun theme challenge for us. Time to ink up those critter stamps as we showcase "Wildlife" this week.

If you know me well, you know how very "outdoor-sy" I am. *insert chuckle here* I was looking through my stamp sets to try to figure out what to do for this challenge and I came upon the Storybook Friends set that I bought a while ago and have never used. As soon as I saw that little fox, that silly "What Does the Fox Say?" song got stuck in my head. If you haven't heard it, Google it. Then it will be stuck in your head too. 
I'm not sure if a Tangerine Tango is really an accurate color of a fox in the wild. Maybe there is one out there somewhere. Who knows? Besides, I wanted to use my Sweater Weather DSP so by default, the fox had to be tangerine. Let's not talk about my horrible coloring. Clearly, I need some more practice with my markers. Ha! I also tried to distress the card a bit by sponging ink around the edges, and using the (ret.) Color Spritzer Tool. It's tough to see but I also used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to add some "splotches" to the background papers. 

So, what does the fox say? On this particular card he says "Hooray!"...and I think he also says "You clearly do not know how to color a fox very well, Anne Marie." 
Please join us over at the Paper Players The challenge is open through Friday, November 8th, 2013 at Noon (PDT). Stop by and say hello to the rest of the Design Team to see what they are sharing this week.   
The Paper Players Design Team

Speaking of foxy ladies, I will leave you with a quick photo of our little foster pup Gidget. She was crashed out after all of the festivities on Halloween. She didn't even seem to care about her little witch hat either. Have a HAPPY day! 
CLICK HERE to order anytime 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website

Follow Me on Pinterest


7 comments:

  1. This is too much fun Anne Marie!! What a cute little fox. Sweet picture of your sleepy pup too ;) Sorry I haven't been by in a while, life gets busy. Hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little fox, and I am probably the only person in the whole world who has not listened to that song yet and I think I'll just pass on googling it....I have enough trouble with songs sticking in my head, LOL! Tangerine Tango is a perfect color....we have foxes around here and they look just like yours! I love your mix of DPs and the little fringe....so cute! As is your little Gidget...so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AM...that photo of Gidget made me laugh out loud! Fabulous. As is your card. We watched a fox in our yard a couple of days ago and your card brought him to mind! I love the touch of the DSP and the chevron ribbon. Your card has so much fabulous texture and yet we still focus on the image because of the black frame. Fabulous card, my friend.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love the title of your post Anne Marie! It makes me want to listen to that silly song again! I love all the fun colors and texture of your card, and your cute little fox. Awesome take on the challenge. And your little Gidget is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, thanks to DD that song has been stuck in our head for weeks---aaaahhhhh! Seriously, awesome post title and card Anne Marie! I think your fox is colored beautifully and he looks just like the one in our badge this week. Always love the texture you bring to your cards and all the elements are just perfect for this foxy fall card! And Gidget made me LOL too! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your foxy lady card.. how fun. and the little tricker treater looks pooped! hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "What Does the Fox Say/" song and video...and I love your card! The texture and colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie