Sunday, March 15, 2015

CAS Mixed Bunch for Paper Players #236

Hello there! This week at The Paper Players, my friend Ann Schach has a fabulous challenge for us. It's Clean and Simple week and we are focusing on a floral theme. So perfect for Spring, don you think? 
I was determined to use a lot of white space on this card, something I tend to struggle with. I decided that the big, bold blossom from the SU Mixed Bunch set was going to be the focus for my card with a fun sentiment from My Favorite Things. I needed a card to send to a friend I haven't connected with in a while, so this was perfect. I added some leaves from the Bird Builder Punch for dimension and a big honkin' rhinestone for sparkle.

Still, I felt that the card needed just a wee bit more, so I went over to my washi tape collection and grabbed a couple of rolls that would coordinate with the card colors. I am absolutely obsessed with washi tape right now...it's really bad. I think at last count, I have over 130 rolls. I guess I need to start using it on my cards more. What crafting supplies do you hoard?
Please join us over at The Paper Players
The challenge will close Friday March 20th at Noon (PST). 

The Paper Players Design Team
Stamps: Mixed Bunch (SU), sentiment from My Favorite Things
Paper: Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette, Garden Green and Whisper White Card stock
Ink: Strawberry Slush Classic ink
Accessories: Rhinestone from SU, Washi Tape from SU and Pick Your Plum, Bird Builder Punch, 1/2" Circle punch, Large Flower punch


Follow Me on Pinterest


11 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the white space Anne Marie, this is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely nailed the white space on this gorgeous card! It makes an amazing backdrop for that gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the washi tape at the top..fun touch! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card really caught. my eye this morning. it's beautiful & fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pop of colour your pink flower adds against the white background - gorgeous! I was only thinking I hadn't used Mixed Bunch in ages - your card makes me want to dust it off and give it some love. The washi tape is a nice touch too. Me, I hoard DSP - by the boxful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 130 rolls of washi tape? Well I thought I was bad but you have me beat, girlie! What a pretty CAS creation. I love all that white space and the sentiment is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne Marie, I can’t tell you how much I love this gorgeous CAS bright and beautiful card! It just makes me happy to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with your clean and simple card. White SPACE can be challenging, my motto is "embrace the white space", lol. The washi tape is a perfect accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mixed Bunch was the first floral stamp set that I thought I would wear out! I love it! You have perfected your CAS challenge - I am still working on mine! lol What do I hoard? Just about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, fabulous CAS card AM! You really did embrace the white space and I love how the color pop against it. Perfect use of the washi tape too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are we related? I love washi tape, too! I buy every roll I love and then I never remember to use it!?!? LOL---- It is the perfect touch for your beautiful card! I struggle with white space, too! Your card reminded me of lots of things I need to use! Thanks, My Friend for always inspiring me! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie